Monday, October 14

VR Gaming, VZFit, where it all began

 It all started quite innocently. I was on Facebook and had scrolled past an ad for a virtual reality game called VZFit. I had no idea that virtual reality was readily available and never dreamed I'd own a VR headset. I kept seeing the ad, and I kept scrolling past. At that point, I was riding my exercise bike about 30 minutes a day and I was getting reallllly bored!

One day, I finally clicked on that ad. The rest is history. I immediately ordered myself an Oculus Quest 2, and the rest is history. For almost a year, VZFit was the only app I used. I bought an app c but I couldn't get the hang of it, so it just sat. I LOVED VZFit! With VZFit, I rode many, many miles, all over the world. The app takes pictures from Google Earth and stitches them together in some magical way that makes it so that you are IN that place, riding your bike! You can apparently use it while walking, but I've always ridden my bike, so I can't talk to the walking. Biking is so important to me, for my health, and this app has made it so easy to stay engaged.

Smitten, hooked, over my head, can't stop. That's how I describe my VR journey. It's been a wild ride, literally! VZFit is still the cornerstone of my VR life, and where it all started. I've even invested in the company, that's how much I believe in their product! I became friends with several people in the VZFit community, and we all follow each other on Strava. I love it! It added accountability and more. I really never dreamed that 3 years later, I'd still be using my bike, even more, and still be loving VR! Who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment