Thursday, September 26

Fundraising and Me

When I was recovering from my cardiac arrest incident, I started riding a recumbent bike. I loved it. At first, I wasn't able to ride for very long, but quickly became accustomed to the riding and rode longer distances. By the time my birthday came around, I was riding a LOT and decided to start paying it forward a bit. I joined an annual event called the "Great Cycle Challenge." It's a fund raiser that benefits Children's Cancer Research. It's an awesome and wonderful charity that I completely support now. This year is my 5th year riding! Take a look at these stats! This is my riding for the past 5 years. It blows me away!

It was so hard that first year. I remember being so so exhausted. I didn't really understand, at that point, how much my body had been through and survived. I didn't understand that it would take several years to come back from something so serious. I basically was disappointed in myself that first year, but I kept at it and made it. Looking back, I'm so proud of myself!

I've always said I could do anything I set my mind to, but this has really been an extraordinary journey this year! I'm almost at 300 miles. It's been super hard, painful, exhausting at times, and I wasn't sure if I could, but I am within 30 miles of 300 right now and it's only Thursday. I have until end of day on Monday to get there. I've got this!!!

As you go about your day, please remember that you can do hard things. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment