Wednesday, September 25

When I'm 64....

I remember singing this song and laughing as I thought about how long it would be until I was 64. Surprise! I am. What? What the? How did that happen? It happened with a whole lot of living and loving! I'm so happy to be here and grateful for each and every day I am on this lovely planet. I don't care what anyone says about anything, I'm happy to be here. I do a lot more smiling and a lot less crying these days. That doesn't mean that every day is easy or every day is a picnic, it just means that I appreciate every day and I'm grateful for all the days, good and bad! I'm still working. I'm still doing Document Control. I still love my job and adore all of the people I work with. I still live in the same ol' house and I'm still married to my wonderful and amazing husband, Steven, for 33 years now. That's kind of crazy. My son no longer lives here or with us. He's moved out of state and started a new, beautiful life. We miss him daily, but are glad he is happy and healthy. As for the rest of me... wow, so much to share. I can't do DDPYoga since my cardiac arrest. I, in fact, couldn't do much of anything for a really really long time. All of my ribs were fractured, as well as my sternum. It was such an incredibly painful experience to recover from. Then, in 2021, I ended up having a robotic radical hysterectomy. They took everything, uterus, ovaries, tubes, cervix, as well as a couple of lymph nodes to ensure I didn't have cancer spreading anywhere. It turned out I had endometrial cancer- very low grade. I avoided chemo and radiation because it was caught so very early. Again, I was so blessed. Fast forward to 2023 and I ended up having to have my gallbladder removed. Apparently it's very common for the gallbladder to go bad after a hysterectomy. Who knew? So that meant another surgery, this time laproscopic. Slightly more painful recovery than the hysterectomy because the cuts from a lapro are not as precise as robotic it seems. Anyhow, it's all behind me now and I'm doing better and better everyday. When I got home from the hospital after the cardiac arrest, I bought myself a stationary recumbent exercise bike. I've used it almost daily since June of 2020! I'm still riding. After the first year, I started to get bored and discovered the world of virtual reality (VR). Oh my gosh, has life changed with that! I'll do a few more posts on this as time goes forward. I think this is enough for now! -Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment