Tuesday, November 3

One foot in front of the other

The journey continues. I've been home from Mexico almost 2 weeks. It's really hard to believe. (and it's sad!) Two weeks ago today, I had a workout on Jojo's Pier about now, I think. It was a fun day. Heck, face it, the whole trip was fun and crazy amazing as I keep saying. Anyhow, back to today. It's been 11 days. As of this past Sunday morning, I'm down 9 pounds! I'm thrilled and motivated and continuing to stick as closely to my path as I can. Have there been challenges? Yes. To name a few, we had 1 dinner out, 2 lunches out, and we had a birthday dinner on Sunday for my son, Josh. Did I make good choices, I did! Remembering that they were "CHOICES" was critical, as was doing a bit of planning ahead. Was I perfect? Heck no, I am sure I ate things that I shouldn't have, but I did my BEST, and that's the key. I focused in on good choices, and passed up things like the egg rolls on Friday night, the soy sauce, and several other things. I'm doing a bit of writing for nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month, see more at nanowrimo.org), focusing on choosing happy, making good choices, and good life decisions. It's been interesting to realize how far I've come. I still have a heck of a long way to go, but I'm working my way through this journey, one step at a time. I was sick for all of last week. Today is the first day I actually feel healthy, in fact. I hit the mat a couple of times and did some DDP Yoga, but I have fallen behind on my commitment to 4-5 workouts a week. Today, in fact, my bag was packed and in the entry way RIGHT NEXT TO MY PURSE! and somehow got left home. It's okay, that just means I give up the luxury of the squishy gym floor for the floor at home. Today's workout will be done, and in a few minutes, I'm taking a walk! I'm trying to get up from my desk once an hour for a few minutes. I know this is good for me, it just needs to happen. So I also have made a decision about my breakfasts and lunches. I love packing ahead on the weekend, but have always done so on Sunday. Well, Sunday isn't working so well anymore, so I'm going to move my food prep for the week to Saturday. This means that Saturday morning I'll skip over to the gym to get my supplies, and then I'll come home and be a dervish in the kitchen for an hour or so, making my lunches and making a humongous batch of steelcut oats (LOVING the steel cut oats, using that same recipe I mentioned in my last post!). All good. The key is planning. I'm hearing from so many people that it's so hard to eat right during the week when they get busy. But, you know, if you plan your food, it's a whole lot easier. On the subject of food, I'm finding it a bit easier every day to remain gluten free and dairy free, and my sugar consumption is way down. The only actual sugar I get is what's inherently in the food I eat. Food that is nutritionally dense and not from a package. Loving it! I've been drinking hot water with lemon before anything else every day, as well, and I think that's making a difference. Oh yea, I don't really like coffee at the moment. I gave it up about 2/3 of the way through the trip, I don't know why, but I haven't had hardly any since, and I'm not missing it. Go me. I guess that's all for now. Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment