Thursday, November 19

Checkin' In, Pre-Thanksgiving Preparation

I'm a day late, I guess, but I'm here. I wanted to wait, on purpose, until after today's lunch. At work, we had a building wide Thanksgiving celebration with all of the grand Thanksgiving food and fixin's. It was delicious. At first, I was concerned about how I was going to navigate it. After all, I got up this morning and I'm down 12.6 pounds since 10/25!

In the end, I made a choice. My choice was that I would go, pick and choose what I ate,take small portions of all but the turkey, (and even that was a fairly small portion), enjoy the food and move on.

In about 45 minutes, I'll be at the gym. I'll be doing 1/2 an hour of DDPYoga, and riding the bike/rowing (I think a combo of both today) for 1/2 an hour. I'm not trying to exercise away the food, but I do want to get a pretty good workout in because I've been scarce at the gym this week.

I'm the first to admit it, I struggle with the gym in winter. When I finish work, I just want to go home, change into my jammies, and snuggle down for the evening. I have to push myself to go to the gym. I think it has to do with the time change. I really never adjust to it, and really don't like it. I don't like driving in the dark much, and by the time I leave the gym, commute traffic is at its height, making the roads even a bit more crazy. Having said that, No Excuses. I'm going. Suck it up, buttercup and move forward.

Next week, for Thanksgiving, the meal and desserts will be gluten free, and I have dairy free whipped cream in my freezer. It will be a much easier meal to control. I'm actually making a pumpkin pie, and going to attempt a crushed gluten free ginger snap/pecan/coconut oil crust. It's going to be a grand adventure. I'll share if it works! :)

Make it a great week and do your DDPYoga!!!  #30in6  #setgoalsandkickthemintheface

No comments:

Post a Comment