Tuesday, October 27

Back at work, and the work begins...

My first day back at work is behind me. It was a good day, and I kept myself in check with my food and my workouts, despite the fact that I'm fighting a sinus infection. (Flying, not enough water, blah blah blah) Anyhow, yesterday I tried out a new recipe for steel cut oats which I loved! (It's here.) I was really surprised at how good they came out, considering the strange way you cook them, but they were fabulous! I topped my oats with a few blackberries and a couple of teaspoons of almond butter. It was amazing! For lunch I brought a spinach and feta turkey burger (recipe here) and a large Mediterranean salad in a mason jar (recipe here). It was a fabulous lunch. Midafternoon I wanted a snack, so I foraged in the kitchen for a granny smith apple. Went to the gym after work, despite the sinus and headache issues. Started out with my mat, but I'm one of those not-nice-when-I-don't-feel-well people, so it was noisy, hard to focus, etc. I did about 15 minutes of freestyle DDPYoga once I realized that I was being bratty, then I went into the cardio theatre and did 30 minutes on the bike to finish off my workout. I had walked at lunch, so in all, 60 minutes for the day. Dinner was a protein shake with vanilla Raw Protein, maca powder, and coco mojo added in. It was divine, and totally hit the spot! I also had a large salad with a few greek olives thrown in. Two days in and I'm down 5.4 pounds! Today I'm feeling a bit better. The weather is changing, so I'm hoping that's helping, plus if I drink much more, there will be complaints that I'm using more than my fair share of water! :) I'm feeling strong, but tonight is going to be a light workout. I need this sinus thing to leave and not come back! I might just knock out Energy and RHC at home, we'll see how I feel once I'm there. #ownyourlife

No comments:

Post a Comment