Sunday, January 2

Authentic

Every year, I choose a word for the year. This is a word that I focus on, live with, and try to live by throughout the year. Last year, my word was bliss. I chose bliss because there had been so much struggling and difficulty in 2009 and I wanted to get as far from it as I could. Looking back, I succeeded. Really succeeded. I am happier right now than I have been in a very long time and I am going through a time of redefinition, rebirth and soul restoration. (taking a Soul Restoration workshop in just a couple of weeks!)

With all of this swirling in my mind and with knowledge of people and obstacles that have held me back in the past, and the knowledge that these are either no longer in my way, I am choosing authentic as my word for 2011!

I don't like selecting resolutions, but I do have some personal goals for this year.

1. Take at least 1 photo every week, and journal it/scrapbook it so that at the end of the year, I know where I've been!

2. Blog at least once a week, preferably twice. I committed to blogging and need to keep at it.

3. Move more. Somehow I need to get past the heel pain that plagues every step and keep moving. This one is really going to be challenging!

4. Continue my art journaling exploration, and make more art canvas projects throughout the year. Love this one, it will be SO much fun!!!

5. Be true to myself and trust my values.

Pretty big stuff, pretty heavy, but authentic to me.

~ Make it an amazing day!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I just love your new blog look, and your New Year word to focus on is such a great idea.

    Picking just one word will be hard, but I think this is a good year for me to give it a try.

    Blessings, Lori m

    ReplyDelete