Tuesday, November 9

I guess it's time...

I have written 20,000 words for this year's Nanowrimo, so I guess it's time to add the badge to my blog and 'fess up, I appear to be writing.

I really didn't set out to write this year, it just sort of happened. Life has been less than normal for our family over the past couple of years, and there's been a lot that's been absorbed, so I think it was just time for it to all come out in one big rush. Little did I know that I'd have so much to write that I wouldn't be able to type fast enough.

I've had a lot of requests to read this year's writing. I'm afraid that won't be happening. Have you ever written an email and then deleted it? That's what I'm doing, essentially, and I don't know what I'll have when I'm done. I don't even know if 50,000 words will be enough. I DO know that, since I started, my feelings toward my topics have changed. I feel like I'm doing something that I've needed to do for a really long time, and I'm pleased by that feeling, because unlike other people who have been part of my life, I don't want to be controlled by the past. I want to look forward to the future with a clear head and a clean feeling of readiness, if that makes sense. I want to be able to face whatever the future holds with maturity and clarity.

Did I really just type that?

No comments:

Post a Comment