Friday, September 15

60 Day Checkin (Beachbody)

Well, it's been 60 days since I started to seriously focus and track on my fitness with Beachbody on Demand. Here's what happened:
I am beyond excited about these results and completely committed to continuing on. I signed up to be a Beachbody Coach (www.beachbodycoach.com/septemberradecki )so that I can focus on helping other people achieve their goals too! As I have matured (read reached an age over 55) I find that there are less resources for us. Less resources that tell you it's okay to modify, it's okay to take a rest day if you need it, and it's okay to listen to your body! It's NOT okay to make a goal of eating clean and throw it out the window. It's NOT okay to make a goal of working out six days a week and chuck it out the window every time your friends want to do something. Just like everything else in life, I feel like we need to commit to ourselves. My workouts are sacred. They are as important as getting up in the morning and being to work on time, and getting to bed on time at night. They are what I do.

I am getting lots of questions at work about the "shakes" I make every day for either my morning or afternoon snack, so I'm going to address that here. I drink a Shakeology every single day. Some days it replaces my breakfast and other days it's a snack, but I do drink one every day. I do it because I love shakeology! SInce I started drinking it in July, I have had stronger workouts, more energy, fewer cravings, better sleep, and my hair, skin and nails are growing like crazy! Why? Because Shakeology isn't your standard "protein shake". It is actually a dense nutrition shake, chock full of superfoods. If you eat clean, this is the shake you want. Below is a sheet that tells about one of my favorites, Chocolate Vegan.
If you read those ingredients, you will see so so so many super beneficial superfoods, from maca to goji to spirulina to maitako mushrooms to reishi mushrooms to moringa and more. There is NO added sugar. None. 9 grams of sugar in a serving, which naturally occurs in the ingredients, making this a great choice. It does have Stevia, but that's also a plant, and a healthy one at that.

At first, I just went along with the shakeology drinking, but after a week or so, I noticed that I felt different. I don't feel sluggish anymore as the day goes by and as I said before, my hair, skin, and nails are all acting like I have superpowers.

If you know me, you know I'm a clean eater. I don't eat a lot of junk. I'm dairy free and gluten free and I am fiercely protective of that because when I don't eat that way, I suffer from ill side effects that I'm not sharing, but it's not pretty! I have continued this while doing Beachbody workouts, and it has served me well.

I'm working out 6 days a week, most of the time. Occasionally, on Sunday mornings, I will do a yoga run through for a 7th day, because it feels good, but for the most part, Sundays are my rest day. On the other days, I usually pick a 30 minute workout. For me, working out in the afternoon is better. It keeps my stress level down in the morning and it is actually when I have almost always worked out. I was driving home the other day thinking about it. When I was in high school, I swam on the wim team. We practiced in the afternoon. Later, I would go to Jazzercise in the evenings. For the past 4 years, I have done DDPYoga, mostly in the afternoons. So it makes sense that I do my Beachbody workouts in the afternoon/early evening. Once in a while, on the weekend, I'll knock out my workout in the morning, but not always, and it does always feel weird!

I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to do my 60 day checkin and follow up on what exactly I'm doing. Right now, Beachbody is running a special where for $160 you get a whole year of Beachbody on Demand Access, a month of Shakeology in any of the amazing flavors (I use the vegan because of my gliten and dairy issue), and the 21 day fix portion containers (which are epic!). For $99, you can forgo the containers and the Shakeology and only get the year of access to Beachbody on Demand.

Make sure you choose me as your coach, because I'd be thrilled to help you work toward your health goals!!! www.beachbodycoach.com/septemberradecki

No comments:

Post a Comment