Monday, January 12

Day 12 of 2015, Checkin' in...

Today is the 12th day of a brand new year. I'm happy to say that so far this year, I have worked out 9 of the 11 days! (Not counting today, because it's early in the day yet and I haven't hit my mat or met my step goals.)

My eating is back under control after the holidays and I'm walking as much as possible every day.  I gained about 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and January 1. I'm fine with that. I lived my life, I visited family I don't see very often, and I attended several holiday parties. I can own those 5 pounds, and they won't stay, because I'm already working on them!

As many know, back in early November, I sprained my wrist. It was a bad sprain. I am not really sure how I did it, all I know is that the minute I tried to put ANY weight on my left wrist, I was in a lot of pain. The kind of pain you don't ignore. The chiropractor adjusted and adjusted and adjusted, but it just wasn't responding. Finally, in mid-December, I bought myself an incredibrace, and honestly? Within 5 days, my wrist started responding. During that time, I took some vacation from work, so I wasn't typing as much, and I also did a bit of travel, taking a short break from doing DDP Yoga (about 4 days.) In the time before and since the 4 days off, however, I've been focused in on modifying whatever I needed to and getting my workouts in. Here's where I'm at, right now. (I use a program called Everymove.org which tracks active days. Active days are any day where you get more than 45 minutes of physical activity.) Out of the last 30 days, spanning from 12/11 to 1/11, I clocked 21/30 as "active days." I will take it!

Working with my accountability partner, Mark Furniss, I have started using the schedule in the DDP yoga manual, again, as of January 4, the official end of vacation. Last week, I followed the Advance schedule, week 5, with the exception on Diamond Cutter, which got left out on purpose. I realized that if I made the week start on Sunday instead of Monday, I could have Friday and Saturday off. This works MUCH better for me as Friday night is date night in our home, and I LOVE a long workout on a Sunday morning! So, I purposefully skipped Diamond Cutter on Friday, and started out the week with a Sunday morning Diamond Cutter! It was an awesome first Diamond Cutter in 2015, and a first DC since October. There were modifications and adjustments, but who cares, I still burned over 400 calories and I had fun doing it! That's what matters.

This week will be:
Sunday: Diamond Cutter
Monday: Fat Burner/Red Hot Core
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Below the Belt
Thursday: Stand Up, Red Hot Core
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

On the weight loss front, as I admitted at the beginning, I'm up about 5 pounds, but I'm not sweating it. My clothing is still getting looser and looser, and I'm clearly losing and seeing more muscle definition everywhere!

I am so very happy right now. So happy with my loss, my progress, my workouts. Just happy. And incredibly grateful for so much. It's a wonderful way to start the new year, feeling happy and grateful. I hope you are enjoying your journey as much as I'm enjoying mine, or at least are finding the good things, to offset some of the bad. :) Let's work to make 2015 a year of awesome and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment