Sunday, February 9

Book Review: Unfit by Lara Cleveland Torgesen

Every now and again, I like to share books that I've read. This is one of those times. I love reading stories of women rising above adversity and showing bravery. This novel is exactly that, and it is by a first time author. Great job! I really enjoyed it.


This novel has held me captive for the past 18 hours. I took breaks to eat and sleep, but I kept getting drawn back into the story. Written in the first person and set in North Carolina, this is the story of a woman’s life, from childhood to age 60. This is a powerful story of courage and bravery. The will to rise above life’s setbacks and lead a wonderful, fulfilling life of grace and love is a strong thread throughout the novel. This story is well written and I found myself extremely attached to Chrissy, the main character as she walked her journey. 

I would recommend this book to any woman who wants to see the life of another woman through eyes different from her own.  I would also recommend this novel to young women as a learning tool. 

This novel would be excellent for a book club, as there are numerous discussion points and themes throughout. Well done, especially for a first novel! I can’t wait to see more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment