Sunday, January 19

the post

If you don't know about Brave Girls Club (BGC), I encourage you to go to www.BraveGirlsClub.com and learn more about it. Briefly, BGC was started in 2009 by Melody Ross, a very talented artist and inspirational speaker. She and her sister, Kathy Wilkins had a dream of a safe place for women to meet, grow, and heal. 

It blossomed and grew, and now BGC has over 70,000 members, and provides camps several times a year in beautiful Idaho, as well as some amazing online classes. The goal of BGC is to help women improve themselves, often using small art projects to enrich the lessons and make them easier to really absorb. It seems that if you do something with your hands, at least for me, it allows my mind to go deeper.

As a "next step," BGC has created a haven for women to share their stories with other women. This place gives us all the opportunity to share and grow more by sharing our truths. When I was approached by BGC, I didn't even hesitate. I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. I have actually done a couple of stories. One about my weight loss success in progress, and the second about my tech writing talk with the girls in Africa last summer. It was amazing to sit down and write the stories out.

What I didn't expect was the reaction of other women when they read my words. I don't know why but I just never expected the feelings that have been raised in me and the depth of emotion at being able to provide a hint of light to another person and perhaps help someone else in their journey. This is a new to me thing. I have listened to others for so long share their journeys and share their stories, and I've kept quiet about my own journey and just continued on it, experiencing it, living it, breathing it, but keeping it quite private. I had no idea the riches that would come to my soul as a result of this sharing.

So, with that, I send you off to read The Post. Read, absorb, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment