Monday, January 20

change is hard and inevitable

Right now, as I type this, I have a lot of change swirling around me. A lot of it is hard change.Hard change that I can't seem to wrap my head around most of the time, but change that has to happen.

I have a lot of good change, no, not good, great change that is starting to blossom. I don't know that it will immediately outweigh the hard change, but with a bit of perseverance, nurturing, love, and a whole lot of creativity, I am hopeful of a fabulously breathtaking outcome.

While I can't really talk much about all of this change, and don't really want to share details, I will say that I think it is important to embrace change. Change is a constant. It never stops. Sometimes, we stop, and that makes change seem even bigger. I think we have to learn to swirl with the changes and move with them and morph with them and learn anew.

So, speaking of change, I am making changes to my blog. As part of my overall growth plan, I will be displaying more of my art, sharing things I'm making, and many more topics. I was discussing this forward motion with a mentor at lunch. She asked "so what will you call your blog? My next 50 years seems to be not quite a business name. I didn't even pause. "Painted Lady Designs."  If you don't know, there is a very pretty butterfly called a Painted Lady. Here's a photo of one. Isn't she lovely?
As I emerge and bravely step forward into this next chapter, it seems perfect that a butterfly be the inspiration for my journey, don't you think? 

I will be changing the name of my blog over the next weeks. Not sure how to do that, without losing all of you, my readers, but we'll figure it out together.

While we're discussing change, my friend Melody Ross is teaching a new class, starting next week. You might want to check it out. It's called The Walk, here's where you can learn more. 

Thanks for joining me and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the posts you're making to your blog this year! - Judy in huntsville, AL

    ReplyDelete