Tuesday, January 28

terrific tuesday-"The Walk" begins!

Today is a special day, unlike any other Tuesday. Today is the start of a class I have feel like I have waited years to take! 

Yes, that's right, it's a new Brave Girls Club class. It's called The Walk. Here's a link to the description and a short video at the Brave Girls Club website. Be sure to watch the video!

What I find with Melody's classes is that, whether you are an artist, a crafter, or just want to improve yourself, these classes provide the right level of tools to make you a success. Melody teaches some basic painting and collaging skills, using simple tools like Mod Podge, credit cards, and 3 for $1 craft paint. 

Anyone can use these tools, and make beautiful "art" that will support the class work. I remember the first time I signed up for a class, I thought "wow, what's with all the art? I'm either working on me or working on art" but you know what? When you create something, be it complicated or simple, you use a different part of your brain. This frees up the cognitive side of your brain to analyze the class content, while you are simply performing the task of gluing down phrases or painting a quick background. It always amazes me the depth of learning that I get from this simple process. I wish someone would use this in ordinary school environments, I'd love to know if it works! 

This particular class will also incorporate a lot of hand journaling. I don't do a lot of written journals, typically, (and when I do they are often in my art journal and covered over so no one can see them!) so this will be a real exercise for me. I'm actually looking forward to it! I think the last time I rigorously journaled was at Brave Girls Camp, so it will be good to get back into my words and explore what's in my heart right now. 

The Walk is a class about our journey in life. If it is anything like Melody Ross's other classes that I have taken, it will be spectacular. I am giddy for it to be time for the class links to be posted, which happens at 12 Mountain today!  

Just so you know, there is a LOT of information that gets shared in these classes, but it is released in bi-weekly installments so that you can take your time, digest the information and still have time to do the coursework thoroughly before the next lesson. This works really well for me. My typical approach is to watch videos on Tuesday (release day), then I kind of let them roll around in my head. If they are too tempting to wait, I might start doing something on Wednesday, but usually it's Thursday by the time I decide I'm ready to get painty and inky. I will start and stop and so on until I finally complete the lesson. Sometimes the lessons are really hard-- they make you look at things in your life that might not be the most pleasant, but as the class progresses, you will find that everything gets lighter and you will make huge life progress if you really focus and stick with the class. 

If you are interested in taking this class, you will be able to sign up for a month after the class starts. Please consider it and please join me. Oh and hey, if you are already taking the class, and find, after a lesson or two, that you are lagging, shoot me an email and I'll try to help you get on track! That's what we brave girls do-- we stick together and do difficult things! :) 

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment