Tuesday, January 7

365 photos is a LOT!

For the past four years, I have tried to participate in a 365 photo challenge. What is this? It's where you commit to taking a photo every single day for 365 days. It's always eluded me. I would get caught up in something, some life event would happen, I'd get tired, bored. Whatever. This year, however, I DID it.

For the first 6 months of the year, I did my photos on my iphone. However, I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S4 (which I ADORE!) mid year, so that facilitated finding a new place to post.

Oh, so this year, another difference is that I had a partner. My former coworker, Stephen, was in it with me. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy! There were texts back and forth that said, simply "Photo?" and others, like mine on December 26th "FIVE DAYS!" It was so much more fun with someone to help keep me accountable.

I'll be honest. We cheated. Really. We did. Not a lot, but we did cheat. Now, me, I take photos almost every day at work, but a lot of those photos are of proprietary things that can't be shared. Therefore, I would substitute in a photo that may or may not have been taken on the correct day. My project, my rules. :) We did this because, for both of us, 2013 was a year of huge change and challenge, and we didn't want to add stress to a project that was supposed to be a fun outlet. (I'm probably in trouble for admitting we cheated, shhhh, don't tell "Ph" as I call him, since my husband is also a Steven.) :)

I'm sharing because I am pretty much floored that it worked. I did it. Here is the month of December, just so you can see what it's like.

Our ultimate goal is to make ourselves each a photo book with all of the photos from the year, his on one side, mine on the facing page. Doesn't that sound like fun? Of course, right now we're in heavy discussion about the quality of the print outs. :) I will just be happy to have a completed book! What a year! If you want to see more, leave a comment and maybe I'll do a follow up post!

No comments:

Post a Comment