Friday, December 24

Christmas Eve Eve

We try to go to Christmas in the Park every year. For the past few years, we've gone with our neighbors and good friends, The Andersons, but this year, that didn't happen, as they are out of town.

Instead, last night, December 23rd, Steven and I got a little dressed up and had a "date night" of walking through Christmas in the Park and then dessert and Irish Coffee at The Grill at the Fairmont.

This is one of my favorite holiday activities! I always feel like it's really Christmas after we go and see all the community decorated trees, as well as the old, rickety, sort of almost tacky, at times, holiday displays. It wasn't too cold last night, as it is some years, but it was incredibly crowded!

As usual, the evening was all too short, because we were relaxed and enjoying ourselves (we even got the waitress to take our picture in the dark restaurant!), but it was a fabulous time, and I'm SO glad we went... special thanks to my wonderful husband for honoring this tradition and tolerating the horrible traffic! Note to self: Lightrail, lightrail, lightrail! It drops you off RIGHT in front of the park, really!

So today is Christmas Eve. I'm cooking for us later in the day, and for now, I think Josh and Steven are going out to do a bit of shopping. As for me, I think I'm going over to Staples for a few stocking stuffers (tradition), and then I'm going to come home and find the dining room table. With my Christmas Journal, I set up out there so that I don't get distracted by things in my room, but it's time to clear it off for our Christmas Eve dinner (ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, Josh's favorite sweet rolls, and cranberry sauce)...

~Merry Christmas and make it a fabulous day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment