Saturday, November 20

Life Goes on... art journaling continues

A few days ago, I woke up with the phrase "Life goes on" in my head. I wasn't really sure why it was there, but let it sit and meld with all the other thoughts roaming around in my head, until it all came together finally. I've been working actively in my art journal this month, and I posted a page with a poppy on it in my last post. Last night I did a bit more work on that page, and I added a facing page. When I was done making the foundation for the facing page, I decided to add the words Life Goes On to it, and this morning when I woke up, I added ANYWAY under the words. You can't see it too clearly in the photo, but it's there.... I love how this page came out. I adore it, even. It's so much prettier in person than this photo, and it is so meaningful to me.

Here is the entire 2 page spread. It sings to me. I'm still a little bit stunned that it's my own work, but I'm starting to wrap my head around it all and own it, so that's a good thing.

Today is the first day of my Thanksgiving "shutdown" vacation. Our company is closed for the entire week! I've got some things I want to do around the house, to get ready for the holidays and also to get my studio into a more workable state again, but not today. Today, I am going to celebrate myself a little bit, in a new way that I hope will be a lot of fun! Several weeks ago, I received a Groupon offer for a half price Glass Artist for a Day class at the Glass Art Center of San Jose. Now, I love glass. When I went to Italy, I was awestruck by the Murano glass factory and by all of the glass objects I saw there. So, when I saw the Groupon, I decided that was how I was going to start my Thanksgiving vacation. Today's the day! I can't wait!
- Seize the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, a day at the gallery or playing with glass sounds like creative fun.

    ReplyDelete