Saturday, November 27

It's a beautiful day...

I woke up at 6 am this morning. I am on vacation, and should have slept way later, but I didn't. I woke up wanting to get to my computer and finish my writing, for Nanowrimo, and I did! I have kept the genre as Horror for the entire month, but now I know that it's way more than that, and I'm okay with that. It's been a great experience writing what I wrote, and I've learned so very much about myself this year, and during this Nanowrimo. It was much more fulfilling than previous years, and I'm so very glad I did it. I think I will continue on, perhaps, keeping a written journal and adding to what I have now.

On a completely different topic, we started our holiday decorating yesterday. Everything is starting to sparkle! Here's a quick glimpse at the mantel and tree. They look so beautiful! I took this last evening as I was watching part of Marley and Me. I turned the movie off when it got to the sad part, I'd already seen the whole thing, and read the book, and certainly didn't need to end such a lovely day with that!

It was a beautiful day. Steven and I spent the majority of the day together. We went out to breakfast, then we went next door to Orchard Supply Hardware, and somehow managed to buy a new Christmas tree (which is fine, because we have a white one, so now we can have our crazy way out white tree, or a traditional (but very skinny!) green one), as well as a few other things, then we went to our storage unit and got a bunch of our Christmas stuff, and came home and started to decorate. I also cooked our own turkey, since we had gone to my friend Ann's for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful but exhausting day.

It's pouring down rain today so I'm very glad we did everything we did yesterday, because today we can just relax and enjoy our day of vacation, and maybe do a bit more decorating.....

No comments:

Post a Comment