Sunday, November 28

And so it starts...

Some years, Christmas just comes at you in a blazing flash of color, light, and fun. I think this year is going to be that sort of year, which means that the big challenge will be to hang onto it and enjoy every second!

Since 2007, I have done something called Journal Your Christmas, which is a class with journaling prompts every day for 37 days, from December 1st on. I love it, as it helps me capture the holiday and capture what we did each year. Last year, I realized that it was getting a little stale for me, because there is only so much writing you can do each year on each topic. So, I wasn't sure if I was going to do it this year, but I found a cool way to make my journal different and make it work for this year, so I am excited to get started!

Today, I sat down and created the cover. I LOVE it. It is so me. Spunky, sparkly, pink in places, and just fun. I think it also epitomizes this year, as I set out to learn more about creating my own journals, and art journaling in general.

I used two pieces of corrugated cardboard, acrylic paints in red, green, white, and silver. I also used about 5 different colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, plus Tattered Angels Glam in Chandelier, then I tossed on some brown and some gold Martha Stewart Glitter, and finally added a 3-D gift tag that I bought at Costco. Lastly, I add a very small photo frame with Christmas 2010 in it. (I won the frame in a raffle earlier this year, so it seemed appropriate to use!) The funniest part of the cover is that the corrugated cardboard is actually cut from the side of my latest Nutrisystem food delivery. All part of 2010!

That's my start. Watch out, it's going to be a fun year for this journal. I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment