Wednesday, July 13

Brave Girl Symposium 2016 Recap and Meet me by the River!

My blog has been pretty quiet. There are a lot of reasons, but none that I can actually share here. With that little bit out of the way, here’s my actual post.
This past week, I stepped out of my comfort zone and out of my day-to-day life, into a world where I wish we could all live, all the time, every day of our lives. I went to Boise Idaho for something called Brave Girl Symposium. This was the first one, but not the last, by any means. I’m overwhelmed by all that happened there, and don’t know that I can capture the magic in a humble blog post, but at least I can hit on a few of the high points!
I wasn’t planning to go. There’s a lot going on in my life (obviously, see first paragraph above, if you know me, you know that I love to blog and blog often). I was going to watch everyone else go and live vicariously through them. In late March, though, I received a bit of unexpected money. After a lot of soul searching, I decided to dedicate a bit of it to self-care, and signed up! All of the pieces fell into place beautifully, and suddenly the time was here and I was on my way to my beloved Boise.
The symposium did not disappoint. There were SOOO many amazing speakers, so many women, from so many walks of life, so many different backgrounds, so so so much to learn, so much to talk about. We came to call it the “love bubble.” We were in a safe place, protected, protecting each other fiercely, loving unconditionally, and just being beautiful selves.
I met so many women who I have known only online for several years. I met them, chatted with some, sat for long chats in the sun with others, shared meals with them, laughed with them, cried with them, danced with them. I hugged someone who I hold in the highest respect and felt a physical jolt. It was strange, but not even surprising! I met someone else who walked up and “saw” me. She told me she had been moved by the spirit to meet me. I was pretty much speechless at that, but it was also amazing. The whole experience was simply epic.
I met so many NEW sisters. Women who touched my life in new ways and gave me much to be grateful for. Women who were there for the first time and didn’t know anyone. Women who said I inspired them and then in turn humbled me by inspiring me in crazy amazing ways.
I listened to speakers. Speakers who shared their souls, hearts, and life stories. I sat in my seat in tears much of the time. Pained for these souls, but knowing that they were happy, healthy women now, and joyful at who they have grown to be. There was so much hope for the broken at this symposium, so much.
My takeaway is that I have healed a whole lot! I have taken back my light. I am no longer broken, I am now busted wide open in the best way possible. I am ready to say Yes, and ready to serve. I have gifts that demand to be shared, and I am going to pursue that sharing.
I know this is all high level, but if you know any thing about Brave Girls Club, (www.BraveGirlsClub.com), then you know that the whole event was red carpet. Anything that happens there stays there. Most of the stories are not mine to share and my stories are way too personal to share, plus also, see paragraph 1. I sit quietly at this moment in the universe.

If this sounds like an experience that you think you would enjoy, I totally encourage you and beg you to visit http://symposium.bravegirlsclub.com and sign up for next years! The dates are July 6-July 8, 2017, at the Riverside Hotel in Boise. Flights are easy to come by, the Riverside has rooms still (I think, don’t mess around, they are filling fast), and we can meet at the river bank and celebrate the beautiful women that we are and the gifts that we have to share! J See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment