Wednesday, May 7

Liebster Award Nomination!

My sweet DDP Yoga buddy (and mentor and role model!) Liz, of www.lizddpyoga.com, nominated me for a Liebster award! How cool is that? Thanks so much, Liz, this is truly an honor!
liebster-award
 The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers to help bring attention to new and upcoming bloggers, typically those with 200 followers or less – but any favorite blog you love will do!
Here’s how it works:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
Questions from LizDDPYoga:
1. Why did you start blogging? I have been blogging since about 2006! At first, it was just rambling, then later, it evolved to quilting, scrapbooking, and photography. Now it is almost always dedicated to my incredible experience with DDP Yoga. DDP Yoga has changed my life, and given a new focus, which is clearly reflected in my blog!
2. What is your favourite hobby? When I am not on my mat doing DDP Yoga, I am a mixed media artist and photographer. I create inspirational and abstract paintings using found ephemera, vintage papers, book pages, sheet music, and more. I've also been a semi-pro photographer for more than 35 years (ouch). I regularly take field trips out and about to explore new places and take photos. 
3. What is your guilty pleasure? I love this question! When I first started doing DDP Yoga, I was seriously out of shape, and everything hurt. About 4 months in, still sore, I decided to treat myself to a massage. By the end of the hour, I was feeling incredibly better. The massage therapist, who is now my hero, told me, "Girl, I could have worked on you for a good 2 1/2 hours. That DDP Yoga you're doing is clearly hard core, you need to keep doing it and keep coming to see me. You are buff, lady." (I love him. LOL) So, my guilty pleasure is that once a month, I go and get a killer sport massage for 1 1/2 hours, with aromatherapy (aptly called "Aches and Pains") from Troy at Massage Envy. Ahhhhh. Just thinking about it makes me relax!
4. What one thing do you want to accomplish in your lifetime? One thing. Just one? Really? Ok. My big focus right now is to perfect my DDP Yoga enough to get certified as an instructor. I want to focus on helping older folks regain some of their mobility. I have a couple of friends who have lost a lot of their mobility and I truly feel that the rehabilitative aspects of DDP Yoga could be a life changer for them. So, I'm going with getting Certified as a DDP Yoga instructor. (That's for today at least!)
5. What is your proudest accomplishment? My life. I can't just pick one thing. For me, my life is a patchwork of amazing experiences, both good and bad, that have made me into the person I am today and that have enabled me to continue to grow. The sunflower in my banner is extremely meaningful to me, as it represents that growth and is a constant reminder to stay in the light and face the sun.
6. Who inspires you? Oh my goodness, so many people. In the DDP Yoga world, it's Mark Furniss, you, Liz, Christina Russell, DDP himself, of course, Arthur Boorman, Marv White, so many others. In the other aspects of my life, my biggest inspiration is Melody Ross, of Brave Girls Club who is one of the most inspirational people ever to touch my life. I will owe her forever, much like I owe Diamond Dallas Page.
7. What is your biggest regret? My biggest regret is probably kind of silly. When I was 17 I turned down a full scholarship to a college in Oregon. I have always wondered what my life would have been like had I gone there. :) But you know? My life is awesome, so it's all good. Oh, I guess I have 2 regrets. I was a competitive swimmer in high school. I swam distance. I wish I'd never stopped. I was in incredible shape, and I should have continued swimming in college... 
8. What book do you think anyone and everyone should read? The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. One of my all time favorite books, ever. 
9. What’s the very best thing about you? I shine. I am real, authentic, and I think my personality always shows through, whether you meet me in person or read my writing. I'm proud of that!
10. Tell us one thing we never knew about you. I LOVE fast cars. I have actually built a V-8 engine (with guidance and much help), helped replace a clutch, and drag raced at a track. I've also photographed Indy cars at Laguna Seca! Love me some speed!!!
My Nominees:
  1. Ms. Lavender
  2. Legendce
  3. Hero DDPYoga
  4. Stix n' String
  5. Feed Your Sparkle
  6. My Page a Day
  7. My Brave Soul
  8. Kelly Hitt
  9. Just Be Awesome Now
  10. Nancy Wood Books
My 10 Questions:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your favorite food and why?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. What one thing do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
5. What is your proudest accomplishment?
6. Who inspires you?
7. If you could talk to one person from the past who would it be?
8. What is the single best book you have ever read?
9. What should everyone know about you?
10. If you could travel to anyplace in the world, where would it be and why?
 Thanks again to Liz at LizDDPYoga.com for the nomination!

No comments:

Post a Comment