September's Foolproof Slowcooker Pot Roast
A simple, down home, tasty pot roast dinner that's sure to please the entire family!Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 hours
Yield: varies on size of roast and amount of veggies.
- medium Beef Chuck Roast
- 6-8 potatoes (as many as you wish)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk, celery, cut into 4" chunks
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into 4" chunks
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning (See note)
- 1/2 cup red wine (cheap is fine, don't stress)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled.
- Place 1 Reynolds slow cooker liner in the slow cooker, being sure it's spread way over the edges and that the bottom is on the bottom of the slow cooker. (Optional step, but once you do it, you will always use them!)
- Remove the chuck roast from the package and generously coat one side with the Montreal Seasoning. NOTE: If you do not have Montreal Steak Seasoning, you can use salt, black pepper, dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried coriander, dried crushed red pepper to taste.
- Flip chuck roast over and place, spiced side down, into slow cooker. generously coat other side.
- Top with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and red potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- It seems that the longer you cook this recipe, the better. When it is done, it will fall apart, so don't plan on slicing.