Thursday, December 26

a year in the life of...

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get so caught up in the day-to-day of life that I forget to appreciate the “big picture.” A few days ago, I did one of those “year in review” things on Facebook. I sat there waiting while it churned, thinking “yup, ok. another year, not much happened.” Then, when it finished, I looked and my soul smiled as I realized how much I’ve accomplished this year.


One of the things I really started to work on a few years ago was art. I started to really dig deep and create. This year, in the art area:


- I sold some art.
- I created 2 very large abstract canvases. This is one. It's called "Spring."


- I filled 1 ½ art journals (45 pages double sided in each one)
.
- I learned to make art journals from blank watercolor paper and canvas cut from a roll, including stitching the binding and creating a beautiful cover.
- I was brave enough to give away one of the art journals I made to someone very special to me.
- I contributed one of my quilts to an auction that raised money to buy a safe house in the Philippines to help victims of human trafficking.

- I volunteered for a day with Habitat for Humanity and helped build a “Minion” themed playhouse.
- I blended a bottle of Merlot in a wine cave!
- My son turned 20. TWENTY! can you even believe that? I can’t. wow. yes, I know, not really my accomplishment, but still. wow.
- I talked about my career with 15 beautiful teenage ladies in The Gambia, Africa. It was a life changing hour and a half. Really. wow.

- I started doing DDP Yoga. I’m still doing it, after 180 days, and I’m down 33 inches and 28 pounds so far. This is a lifestyle I can do forever.


Not bad for a year where nothing happened, right? Even as I close this post, there’s so much more I could add, but I think it’s all good for now. 2013 has been unpredictable and a bit of a roller coaster ride, but it’s been a very good year! I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment